[meteorite-list] April MeteoriteTimes Mystery Meteorite

From: Frank Cressy <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Apr 17 16:00:52 2006

Hello all,

Just a quick note that I'll announce the
MeteoriteTimes Mystery meteorite on Wednesday
afternoon.
Not a whole lot of guesses yet...maybe it was too
hard?
For those that are stumped I suggest working the
problem backwards and determining the country first.
Pick a dozen famous meteorites that nearly all the
meteorite community is familiar with and see if any
fell nearly 2 years to the day after that the country
became an independabt nation. Some can be eliminated
quickly. For instance everyone is familiar with
Allende, but it can be eliminated because Mexico did
not become an independant nation in 1967.

After you determine the country, use the photo to
determine the probable classification and magnitude of
the TKW. This and common sense should get you to one
or two possibilities.

The link to the Mystery Meteorite is:

http://www.meteoritetimes.com/Back_Links/2006/April/mystery_meteorite.htm

Have fun!