[meteorite-list] A Couple of Online Articles About Australian Tektites

From: Paul <bristolia_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Apr 18 13:57:42 2006

Dear List Members,

While browsing the Internet, I came across a couple
of articles, which are available online as PDF
documents, which might be of interest to people on
this list.

One of them is:

Pillans, Brad, 2004, Tektites as Chronostratigraphic
Markers in Australian Regolith. In I. Roach, ed.,
pp. 279-281, Proceedings of the CRC LEME Regional
Regolith Symposia, November 2004, Adelaide, Perth
and Canberra.

Apparently, Dr. Pillans, as a part of his research is
looking for tektites, which have detailed information
concerning where they were found. The article stated:

?As part of the CRC LEME geochronology
project I would like to hear from anyone
who has found tektites. I also encourage
all of you to be alert to tektites in
your field work.?

He definitely encourages people to make detailed notes
on location and the context of any tektites, which they
find, much like is done now for meteorites.

This article can be found at:

http://leme.anu.edu.au/Pubs/Monographs/regolith2004/Pillans_b.pdf

The source of this article is:

http://leme.anu.edu.au/Pubs/Monographs/Regolith2004.html

http://crcleme.org.au/Pubs/Monographs/regolith2004/a_abstract%20volume%20front.pdf

Another paper, which discusses tektites, is:

Brad Pillans, 2004, Geochronology of the Australian
Regolith, (c) CRC LEME 2004 Geochronology

This article can be found at:

http://crcleme.org.au/RegLandEvol/Geochron_of_%20Aust_Regolith.pdf

Another online paper, which mentions tektites, is:

Pillans, B., 2003, Subdividing the Pleistocene using
the Matuyama-Brunhes boundary (MBB): an Australasian
perspective. Quaternary Science Reviews. vol. 22,
pp. 1569-1577.

It can be found at:

http://www.quaternary.stratigraphy.org.uk/noticeboard/pillans.pdf

A list of his publications can fopund at:

http://wwwrses.anu.edu.au/environment/eePages/eePeople/eeBradPillans.html

Best Regards,

Paul