[meteorite-list] National Meteoritical Societies

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Apr 19 15:52:10 2006

Hello Jeff,

Not a National Society, but here in Wichita we have the Kansas Meteorite
Society. We have done several talks and displays , been in the newspaper,
on television and the Kansas Geological Survey people knows us well.
Currently we are working on putting a display in one of the local libraries,
and have offered help in donations, advise or information with the mayors of
Haviland and Greensburg, Kansas on building a possible meteorite museum, and
seeing how we can be of help in the likely upcoming Meteorite Festival in
Haviland. Next month, a talk with at the local rock club monthly meeting.
The Haviland and Greensburg projects are at their earliest of stages but I
have hopes, and if anyone is interested in any of the above...like going to
the festival or helping with the musuem, let me know and I will keep you up
to date as things go along.

The last three Kansas meteorites made official are because of our direct
actions and we have a goal of adding at least ten.

Tomorrow I will be in Haviland to see another Brenham dug up with the
backhoe.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas