[meteorite-list] new eucrite NWA 3159

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 21 23:30:17 2006

I second that, got my partslice with vesicles, flowing rock and fresh
rock fragments yesterday.

Now I'm looking forward to see some scientific reports on this meteorite
as I have a lot of questions.
How did it form? What was the cooling rate / burial depth. When did it
form? What gas made the vesicles?

The vesicles in the flowing part makes me guess that it solidified on a
very shallow depth. But I'm only an amateur (read the book "Meteorites
and their parent planets" during the easter holiday) so what do I know.

Right now this slice is my pocket rock as I brought it to work to show a
friend.

  :-)

/G?ran