[meteorite-list] Two Brenham Meteorites Recovered, April 2006

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 21 23:30:32 2006

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I watched while two Brenham meteorites, ~100 lbs, were pulled from
their longtime resting place, each about 4-5 feet in the ground, by Geoff
Notkin and Steve Arnold. Sonny Clary I eye watched, along with landowners
and a few locals.

A TV network had a crew down which filmed it for an upcoming show on the
Travel channel, while some of the Wichita, Kansas media ran newslines on the
finds. I missed the channel 3 (ABC) news so I am not sure if they ran what
they filmed. Channel 12 (cbs) ran a segment yesterday at 6pm and 10pm, and
again in the pre-morning news. A local radio station, KFDI, interviewed me
and ran a segment in their news.

Perhaps the 12th time for Steve to make news here locally with his Brenham
finds. I have a bunch of videos and pictures linked to the following web
page.

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/brenham06.html\

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick