[meteorite-list] Ad: Nevada Meteorite as found IN MATRIX

From: Norm Lehrman <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Apr 23 23:24:19 2006

List,

Here's a heads up on something kind of neat. A few
days ago I stopped at my favorite central Nevada dry
lake and collected several specimens complete with the
dessicated lake bed surface in which they were
embedded.

I just posted the first one to ebay. See it at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6624425370

This makes a really interesting display piece and
comes with exact find coordinates.

If anyone would like a bigger version of this---say a
square foot or so of lake surface complete with a
meteorite, let me know and I'll try to collect one for
you on my next trip out. I'm still experimenting with
approaches to stabilizing the material, but
water-diluted Elmer's glue seems to work well without
any obvious changes in appearance. This could make a
really cool framed wall mount!

Cheers,
Norm
http://tektitesource.com