[meteorite-list] Meteorite List

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Apr 23 23:25:41 2006

Hi, Jay,

I have to completely disagree with you.

Often the bantering was at an intellectual level, and some of the most
interesting and thought-provoking perspectives were brought out then.

At other times it seemed, to me, anyway, like the disagreements within a
family - of which every family experiences. Those were sometimes even
entertaining.

Considering the uniqueness of the interest in meteorites and their related
topics, a family is pretty close to what this list is/was.

As long as the first word in an ad was “AD”, those could be easily skipped,
if you are so inclined.
Personally, I enjoy looking at photos of meteorites, and although my budget
is strictly for non-classifieds, I checked out every link to a sale or web
site that was posted. Pitches per week weren’t an issue with me.

All things considered, did you really find it so intolerable?
Don’t you think that the contributions of members from the likes of the
Smithsonian, NASA, other research institutions around the planet, and the
top hunters and collectors more than made up for the bumps?
If it was to be strictly business for every post, what a boring list it
would be!

…just my opinion, of course.

Goddamn group hug!

Cheers,