[meteorite-list] Tagish Lake petri dish

From: joseph_town_at_att.net <joseph_town_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Apr 25 20:37:12 2006

Hi all,

I've been following this story for a while. I'm sure many on the list have as well. My question is simple. How can a meteorite that has traveled through our murky atmosphere, excuse me Canada, that falls on the surface of a lake and has been stored in some guys freezer be considered as pristine as if none of those things happened?

I can see that his stuff might be in a better state of preservation than most but will the tater tots smeared on it be a subject of new studies and scientific conjecture? Were they just stored in a household freezer all these years? If so they have been in a petri dish.

Bill

From: "Armando Afonso" <armandoafonso_at_oniduo.pt>