[meteorite-list] Treasure Hunters

From: MeteorHntr_at_aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Apr 26 10:21:51 2006

Hello List and whomever you are that wrote this last email without signing
it,

I am glad you seem to be as concerned as we are about accumulating as much
scientific data as possible on our excavations. It is our hope to find a
buffalo skull under one of our Brenhams, or a field mouse, or at least some grass
carried to the bottom of the impact pit. The odds of finding a soiled
loincloth are pretty slim, but we are looking anyway.

So for the last 6 or so digs at Brenham, I have had the Backhoe dig off to
the side and deeper than where the meteorite target is, then slowly he moves
over to where the specimen is at in situ. Then when we reach it, we dig out
above it so that we can get beside it and lift it up preserving the soil
beneath it with the imprint of the rock just removed. We are then able to get
samples of the soil for age dating and possibly other research that guys in
white lab coats might be interested in.

I am not sure if the Travel Channel will explain why we were digging the way
we were. That part might actually get included in the final production, or
it might get cut to the editing room floor. But even if they don't show it,
or explain it, the samples are being taken.

By the way, what is your name? I'm justifiably and unassailably an enemy of
the irresponsible, counterscientific, hobbyist lack of email signatures
glorified by certain people and uncritically tolerated by others (accomplices).

Ex Astra,
Steve Arnold
_www.BrenhamMeteoriteCompany.com_ (http://www.BrenhamMeteoriteCompany.com)

In a message dated 4/25/2006 7:37:32 P.M. Central Standard Time,