[meteorite-list] Metallic Rock Baffles Experts

From: Jerry A. Wallace <jwal2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Aug 1 03:09:11 2006

Ron Baalke wrote:

>Rock baffles experts; can't figure out what it is

This post turned out to be one of those with what could be considered a
highly misleading headline or
Subject line.

When I first read the Subject line I thought, "Man, that's the first
time I've ever seen Ron Baalke send
an off-topic post."

I was in total agreement with the experts that were baffled, though,
concerning Metallic Rock. I well
remember being baffled by it back in the '80s when my kids were big fans
of Metallica and Kiss and
a slew of other bad flavored and outrageous bands of that era. I sure
didn't raise them to like that stuff,
but I found that what I thought about their musical tastes didn't seem
to matter a whole lot. Reminded
me of my own teenage years during the fifties...I liked rock and roll
and didn't much care who cared
otherwise.

As to the what the actual story turned to out to be, however, it will be
interesting to see what more
sophisticated testing reveals the mystery substance to be. Hope somebody
keeps up with the story and
posts the results.

Jerry

PS...Thanks Ron. Sorry I leapt to a premature conclusion and misjudged
your post like that.