[meteorite-list] CNN India/IBN reports 5 fragments recovered fromINDIAN FALL

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Aug 1 05:20:25 2006

Hi,

    I suppose that would be this fall:
http://www.gujaratglobal.com/nextSub.php?id=1167&catype=NEWS

    Thanks to The Meteorite Times, who just posted this
Indian newspaper account of Monday's fireball time-
stamped Tuesday, 08-2-06 at 3-something am. Don't
you guys ever sleep... either?
    I envision an empty, night-time, but blazing with lights,
Press Room with one lone editor shouting "Copy!" just
like in the movies...
    Nah...
    OR, Is that 3 am in India? If I place the dateline correctly,
that's last week here, isn't it?

    It must be Meteorite Season: Norway, India, who's next?
Mississippi rivers in Tucson? Bombers crashing in back yards?
Two-headed calves? It is the Dog Days, dies caniculares in
Latin, Sirius rises with the Sun; in the news business, it's
called the Silly Season.

    A good time for meteorites. Let's have another Park
Forest type fall, only closer to me this time. I offer up my
own house for a "Garza Stone." (I've got insurance and
I need a new computer.) Bring it on.

Sterling K. Webb