[meteorite-list] [OT] Flooding in Tucson, Photos

From: wahlperry_at_aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Aug 1 08:51:01 2006

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the cool pictures.

Sonny

-----Original Message-----
From: geoking_at_notkin.net
To: meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com
Sent: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 9:58 PM
Subject: [meteorite-list] [OT] Flooding in Tucson, Photos

Dear Listees:?
?
Please excuse the off-topic post, which I am sending because I know so
many of you come out here, each year, to our fine city of Tucson.?
?
We've had very heavy summer rains for the past few days, and our
usually bone-dry Rillito "River" turned into the Mississippi River this
afternoon for a few hours. Roads were closed; bridges were out. It was
all very exciting, and very different from the February-style Tucson
which you know and love. I met a lady who has lived here for 15 years
and she said she'd never seen anything like it.?
?
The first photo shows what this stretch of the Rillito "River" usually
looks like, and the others were taken today during the flood.?
?
http://www.notkin.net/az/rillito.htm?
?
Regards,?