[meteorite-list] Lahoma Meteorite

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Aug 1 12:32:57 2006

Mark enthusiatically wrote about his 344-gram complete slice:

I received a complete slice of Lahoma from Michael Cottingham yesterday
and thought I would share some pictures of this interesting chondrite.

Hello Mark,

Thanks for sharing the close-up pics of this beautiful chondrite. My
three small but equally beautiful slices weighing 16.86, 23.39, and
11.03 grams respectively should be in the mailbox soon. I can hardly
wait and marvel at the very details you describe:

1. fresh L5 with green chondrules and black inclusions
2. a black chondrite
3. webbed shock veins
4. occasional bold chondrules
5. many clusters of green
6. occasional bold chondrules have a light jade color
7. troilite is present usually beside specks of nickel-iron

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/collahoma.html

My 11.03-gram Lahoma slice features a gorgeous, oval metal-sulfide
inclusion measuring several millimeters in greatest dimension, my
16.86-gram slice shows this intricate network of thin shock veins,
and my 23.39-gram Lahoma slice has several of those dark, angular
clasts/areas/inclusions (?) that your photo #2 also displays.

Well, folks, Michael Cottingham still has some of these beautiful
slices ;-)

Cheers,

Bernd