[meteorite-list] Meteorite Samples on India's GeologicalInsti tute's Radar

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Aug 1 20:34:05 2006

"The GSI authorities have, meanwhile, cautioned local people against
touching
the meteorites if found, for they may contain radioactive material."

That's one way to keep an uninformed public from making off
with meteorites -- tell 'em they're radioactive! (Technically
they are, of course, but so is nearly everything else.) We
used to use similar scare tactics in one of our university
electronics labs, labeling equipment that we didn't want
fiddled with, "DANGER! 100,000 ohms!" I wonder how many
here are aware of the big secret (at least none of the media
are talking about it) that there is a greenhouse gas far more
dangerous than carbon dioxide or methane lurking in our
atmosphere: dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO). And no one is doing
anything about it...

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

 ;-) --Rob