[meteorite-list] Hunting in Muonionalusta

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Aug 4 16:26:22 2006

Hi,

Jim Strope wrote:

> They are having a great time picking and eating lots of blueberries as
> they hunt...
> unfortunately, they have to watch out for the bears. Seems like there is
> always some kind of drawback no matter where you hunt!!!

Blueberries, when in the height of their season,
are the chief component of the bears' diet for
that season. Meteorite hunters who eat blueberries
as they search are in direct competition with bears
for whom the blueberries are not a treat but a staple
food. My advice: if you and the bear reach for the
same blueberry -- let him have it. He might decide
that you're the drawback...

Not to sound like some on this list, but I would
gladly trade a big mess of blueberries for a 47 kilo
meteorite. Any offers?

Sterling K. Webb