[meteorite-list] Inventory reference ideas.

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Aug 6 21:18:14 2006

In a message dated 8/6/2006 6:30:56 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
dgweir_at_earthlink.net writes:
Hello Anne,

How would you handle multiple dealers with the same initials? Some examples:

Aziz Habibi
Adam Hupe

Mike Fowler
Mike Farmer

Michael Casper
Matteo Chinellato
Michael Cottingham

Ron Hartman
Robert Haag

Steve Arnold
Steve Arnold
Serge Afanasiev

David

Good question, David.
As I said, this is a variation of the system I use on my Catalog. Except
that on my Catalog, I use the initials of the owners of the specimens on
consignment, and so far I have had no duplication.
One possible solution would be to use 3 initials for the Dealer or the
Business Name, for instance IMP for Impactika.
Any other suggestion?

PACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
President, I.M.C.A. Inc.