[meteorite-list] Discovery of a huge impact site in East Jordan

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Aug 7 16:48:33 2006

Stefan and List,
  Thank you Stefan! That is virtually what I have.
  The Google coordinates I have been studying for
almost three months are 31.025349N,36.482491E measured
at the centre of the crater. The diameter that I get
using the google measure is 5.8Km for the outer ring.
The central uplift I have not measured.

  I have been absent for most of the past two months
doing fieldstudies so I was not able to follow up on
my google search and relating to other searhcers.
Congrats to the Jordanian team for their confirmed
findings and to Stefan that confirms my observation.
Thanks Darren for the original post. I attempted to
forward the google earth link to the list but it
appears that it has bounced due to the attachment.
Keep on Searching; you will FIND, dirk ross...Tokyo

http://www.earthsearch.net/intSearch/jabal-waqf-es-suwan-JO.php?showMap=-974884