[meteorite-list] Moss meteorite

From: Morten Bilet <barb-o_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Aug 10 14:53:12 2006

Hi meteorite mailinglist.

I`m one of the finder of the Moss-meteorite (I found together with Mike F) It will come a full report with all details later from Knut J?rgen R?ed ?degaard and me about this fall. But can here summarize little. So far its been found five stones at total weight at aprox 3,1 kg.

1. 35 gr - The first at Martinsens cabin, found friday 14. july 1025 (as the fall time)
2. 750 gr - Johansens house, monday 17. july.
3. 800 gr - Who I together with Mike Farmer found sunday 30 july.
4. 6 - 800 gr - Its minimal information about this stone. Michael Mazur or Bj?rn S?rheim have some info.
5. 676 gr - Found on a company`s roof friday 4 august.

I have seen all the stones in my hand exept nr. 4 only at pictures. Nr. 2 and 5 are whole pieces (very minimal damage) They are also paired. Nr. 3 are in many pieces. Nr. 4 are at least in two pieces (maybe more) and the smallest nr. 1 has lost some few smaller pieces.
Over a kilo is available at the marked so far, but not nr. 1, 2 and 5.

Havent time for more details now, are in the strewnfield every day (I live only 20 minutes from the strewnfield) Full report later.

Best wishes

Morten Bilet