[meteorite-list] JOEL SCHIFF'S "retirement" party From the Meteorite Comm...

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Aug 13 02:08:38 2006

In a message dated 8/12/2006 11:54:29 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
deanbessey_at_yahoo.com writes:
I think everybody on this list knows Joel, the creater
and former editor of Meteorite Magazine. Over the past
few months Geoff Notkin and Maria Haas has been
putting together a "thank you" gift for his
contributions to the meteorite community. Being in New
Zealand I had the pleasure today of presenting him
with the results of their efforts.
Dozens of people contributed to this effort and here
is a link to what was done with your contributions.
Joel thanks everybody involved. I was there with Joel,
his wife and my wife and baby but I know that many
list members were also there in spirit.
A special thanks to Geoff, Maria and AL Lang
Link here.
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/meteoritejoel.html
Sincerely
DEAN BESSEY

Thanks Dean for telling us, for taking and sending all those pictures and
for helping make the whole thing a surprise.
But one more thing: How is Joel now? Has he recovered? We haven't had any
news from him in quite a while.

I am sure we would all like to know.

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com