[meteorite-list] Micro/Macromount Availability- Where did they Go?

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Aug 15 21:13:56 2006

In a message dated 8/15/2006 12:12:20 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
mpg444_at_yahoo.com writes:
What ever happened to the lower cost micromounts
that used to show up on eBay? The reason I ask is that
a few years ago I built the diversity of my collection
with them and am still proud of each one. I am now
spending more time in reviewing dealer's web sites but
they seem to be few and far in between there also.
There are a few dealers still selling them on eBay-
but I won't pay $4+ for a priority box with a nickel
size meteorite inside of it. The small mailers sent
first class always worked fine and I never had any
problems.
Are the micro/macromounts no longer worth the time
and effort to make and provide them? Or is it the more
common material has ran its course and no longer
available? Maybe lack of interest by buyers?
Seems most of the meteorite specimens now being
sold are out of my price range (thats my problem). I
don't have any specific "wants" at the moment (of
course there are always ones I would like to have!)
but am just asking the question in general.

Thank you.
Mike

Mike and members,

I have a lot of Micro/Macro on my Catalog.
        _http://www.impactika.com/Catalog.htm_
(http://www.impactika.com/Catalog.htm)

Are you looking for something in particular?

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
President, I.M.C.A. Inc.