[meteorite-list] Pluto's Fate to be Decided by 'Scientific andSimp

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 16 00:08:58 2006

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 20:24:11 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>When do we get back the tens of millions of dollars
>spent looking for Nemesis? The NEO search teams could
>really use it. There's those 64 fragments of SW3

<snip>

>If I can get the money back, can I keep a percentage?

Better yet, why not get back the billions spent on the ISS? I don't see much
accomplished by spending all those years in LEO doing not much more than proving
that they can spend all those years in LEO-- not enough of anything to justify
the vast amount of money poured into it, at least. Get those billions back, and
use the money to construct robot planetary (or asteroidal) probes-- where the
REAL science and REAL triumphs come from NASA. Don't send a man to do a robot's
job. (Okay, maybe not any of these robots:
Http://blogs.zdnet.com/emergingtech/?p=322)