[meteorite-list] Re: Moss meteorite sales

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2004_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Aug 17 00:36:29 2006

fast or late I have a piece for the price I want, I am
just in contact with a person in Norvay have soem
pieces...Murchison have 250 kg. total mass? Where? Its
max 100 kg. and calculate for $200/gr. I have Cold
Bokkeveld. Many collectors I am in contact are of the
same my idea, $200/gr. its a exaggerated price....no
problem, I waith, the prices go down type many others
recent falls, example Oum Dreyga, $12/gr. first
pieces, now $2-3/gr. etc....

Matteo

Really Matteo, $200 gram is too much? $100 gram max?
Murchison has a total known weight of over 250
kilograms, I have no problem selling it for $100.00
per gram. As of now, there is barely 3 kilograms of
this material. Perhaps one kilogram total on the
market. Based on my sales in the last hour, $200 per
gram must be a fair price. Don't worry about it
Matteo, it seems you will not get any. It seems that
you are never happy, either the market is in "ruin" or
meteorites are overpriced. Which is it?
Michael Farmer