[meteorite-list] Re: Moss Meteorite - The uncut story...

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Aug 19 02:20:10 2006

Hello Mike Mazur,

Wanted to personally thank you for your informative
posts.

You were the first to post to the List, last month,
asking if anybody knew what were the laws related to
finding meteorites in Norway. When you never got an
answer to your question, you went out and searched for
the answers. (Actually, there were some posts by
people who only guessed at what was the Law, but they
only succeeded in muddying the issue.)

Your decision to donate is an honorable one.
Although, I doubt that it will change the minds or
opinions of museum directors, at least you can always
say that you did your part.

Now, I have one last question:

You already explained to the List how you and Bjorn
came into possession of your "fragments" from the Moss
fall:

<http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2006-August/186072.html>

"... As luck would have it, I received a tip which
actually turned out to be good! We investigated and
found that a reasonable sized part rock ***had been
recovered*** to the NW of the Johansen stone. Further
searching of the area turned up many more fragments
from a gram or two in size up to about 500g."

So, my question is, who was the original finder, or
will this finder remain anonymous?

Again, congratulations on a job well-done,
Bob V.