[meteorite-list] Astronomers Lean Toward Eight Planets

From: Larry Lebofsky <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 23 20:08:13 2006

Hi Anne:

Please remember that many scientists [not me :0)] have something to make up
for their common sense ... their big EGOS. If you have any doubt about this,
ask Nancy.

It is the old "my theory is better (bigger) than your theory. There are lots
of ways to "define" a planet (we have seen many of them over the past few
days) and some are better than others and none of them is perfect. But, you
must remember, from the perspective of many scientists, there is no question
that their theory is better than anyone elses.

Larry