[meteorite-list] Astronomers Lean Toward Eight Planets

From: Walter Branch <waltbranch_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Aug 24 00:08:02 2006

The newest issue of Time magazine has quoted Michael Brown as saying, "It's
a 'No Ice Ball Left Behind' policy," referring to the possibility of many
more solar system bodies suddenly gaining planetary status.

Who says astronomers don't have a since of humor.

Personally, I think the IAU is premature in attempting to define just what
planet is. We need to gather more data on just what the objects are that
are out there, both solar and (especially) extra-solar.

-Walter Branch