AW: [meteorite-list] John Hopkins Astronomers ReacttoPluto'sPlanetary 'Demotion'

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Aug 24 20:15:12 2006

Dear Dave, Darren, Larry and List,
  It is easy to explain why Pluto was doomed. As it
reads in Wikipedia, Pluto has more enemies than
friends; "In Pluto's own cartoons, his friends
included Fifi the Peke, Dinah the Dachshund, and
Ronnie the St. Bernard Puppy. His enemies included
Black Pete, Donald Duck, Butch the Bulldog, Figaro the
Kitten, Chip 'n Dale, Buzz the Bee, and other
characters."
  With only three friends and more than seven enemies
Pluto`s was sure to be out-voted. More on Pluto in
which Wikipedia has already noted Pluto`s demise as a
planet:
"Pluto was named after the planet Pluto (currently
reclassified as a dwarf planet) which was discovered
in 1930, the same year that the character was
introduced, and thus is indirectly named after the
Roman god of the underworld."
 In time we will see if Pluto can muster support from
his silent friends. The debate has just begun.
  Sincerely, Dirk Ross...Tokyo

--- Dave Carothers <david.carothers_at_verizon.net>