[meteorite-list] An open message to all list members

From: Dave Carothers <david.carothers_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Aug 27 17:04:02 2006

Paul,

You're entitled to your opinion, as am I.

With regards to your comment "I think it is arrogant to think there is only
one person here who can check or comprehend what they read in an advert on
eBay." You're absolutely correct... that is for anyone who has been
collecting for a while. What about the new people coming into the hobby who
DON'T know any better or have the experience? From what I've seen, there is
no stardards-baased body that regulates the buying and selling of
meteorites. We tend to be self regulating.

As to your comment: "In any case the ebay ad does not read as Carothers
reported."

You are incorrect. Steve made the alteration to his ad AFTER I informed him
of the misrepresentation.

As to whether my comments are exagerated or not depends on the point of view
of the reader, how much you value your collection, and how much you see
Steve (Chicago) Arnold as a threat.

Again, You're entitled to your opinion, as am I.

Dave