[meteorite-list] How does regolith get stoned?

From: Randy Korotev <korotev_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Aug 27 17:13:26 2006

Shock compression. The shock wave from an impact compresses the
"powder." Where grains touch, the pressure can be very high. There
may also be a little sintering or whole-scale melting in some
regolith breccias, but it doesn't really require heat to make a
regolith breccia. An aspirin tablet is just compressed powder.

Randy Korotev