[meteorite-list] Preliminary MOSS meteorite classification

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 30 20:07:08 2006

Hi all -

Dammit! The only way that you would have an annual
fall would be if a debris stream intersected the Earth
at the same time each year. This is highly unlikely.

What these people (I can't do it myself any longer)
need to be looking for is regular intervals, and
multiples of those intervals, between falls. Then
they could establish a debris stream's orbit.

If a debris stream intersection period could be
established, then one could stay up on the appropriate
nights, watch for bolides, triangulate, and voila,
"meteorites on demand" so to speak.

good hunting,
Ed

http://home.online.no/~bsoerhei/astro/meteor/060714/moss.html