[meteorite-list] e-bay

From: Meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 10:49:08 +0100

Hello M.M.,

Yes those fake e-mails are common and the best way when receiving one and you are not sure whether it's fake or not, is to go to
the ebay website and open your account on which you can see if you have received a message from ebay or another ebay member. If the
message does not appear in your messages' list, it then confirms that it is a fake one and you should delete it immediately.
By all means, never follow any link proposed in such e-mails and never provide any confidential information.
Another clue is that any official e-mail from ebay starts with "Dear ..." with your pseudo and NEVER by "Dear ebay member" ; any
e-mail starting with "Dear ebay member" IS A FAKE ONE and should be deleted with no delay.

Keep on enjoying the Met List, you will see that so many interesting information are provided by members and when you see some kind
of fighting between some members, just do not waste time at reading those posts and wait for the situation to calm down =;o)) ; it
never lasts longer than 1 or 2 days!
Do not hesitate to ask questions, even those that seem to be very basic as we all learn from these questions and following answers.
I hope that your collection will grow up and that you will be dreaming with the star dusts that you will be adding to it.

Kind regards,
Frederic Beroud
http://www.meteoriteshow.com
IMCA member # 2491 (http://www.imca.cc/)