[meteorite-list] Steves $1.00 auctions

From: JKGwilliam <h3chondrite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:11:20 -0700

Nice score Holmes.

  However, you probably don't realize that you have been used as a pawn in
some sort of mastermind business strategy. I haven't figured it out yet.
Up until now, I've seen the items sold for half or a quarter of what they
were purchased for in. But now they are being marketed at a flat rate -
just a buck apiece. Could be to simplify bookkeeping or it could be similar
to a Wall Street hostile takeover. After the prices on speculated items
are driven to rock bottom and everyone else is forced out of business, the
"genius" swoops back in, buys up all the inventory and controls the market.

Yup, that's what it is. The mastermind is at work.

Best,
John Gwilliam