[meteorite-list] Ad meteorites, books & meteorite coin

From: Mike Jensen <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 09:33:29 -0700

Hi All
It has been a while since I have offered any used books. Here is a
nice little list of both new and used books.
I am also offering a 15% discount on any used book on my web site. The
only exception is books with an "R" rating.
http://jensenmeteorites.com/book_cat.htm
I also have included some super specials on meteorites and the new
meteorite coin.

Shipping cost will be actual plus $1.00.

Make sure you go all the way to the bottom to see all my offers.

METEORITE BOOKS & MAGAZINES

Astronomy Magazine August 2006 Special Meteorite issue. I only have
one copy of this fantastic special issue. Roughly 50 pages dedicated
to meteorites with lots of great images of meteorites and thin
sections. Authors include D. A. Kring, R. Talcott, M. Reynolds, M.
Bakich, B. Cooke, O. R. Norton and R. Shubinski. $7.50

Burke, John G. 1986 Cosmic Debris: Meteorites in History. University
of California Press: Berkeley. Hardcover in VG+/VG+ condition. Simply
the best book on the history of meteorites. 445 pages. R2 $115.00

Burke, John G. 1986 Cosmic Debris: Meteorites in History. University
of California Press: Berkeley. Soft cover in near new condition. 445
pages. $80.00

Clarke, Roy S. Jr., ed. 1993 The Port Orford, Oregon Meteorite
Mystery. Smithsonian Contributions to the Earth Sciences, Number 31
Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington. VG+ condition. 43 pages $40.00.

Davis, Andrew M. ed. 2005 Meteorites, Comets, and Planets, Volume 1,
First Edition: Treatise on Geochemistry. Elsevier Science. New
paperback edition first published in 2003 as hardcover. Providing a
broad overview of the chemistry of the solar system, this reprinted
individual volume from the acclaimed "Treatise on Geochemistry"
ten-volume set is intended to be the first reference work one would
consult to learn about the chemistry of the solar system. This is a
great advanced book loaded with lots of great information on
meteorites. I also really like the information included on the planets
as well. Brand new copy. 737 pp. $89.00 (extremely heavy book as they
used quality paper) Super special price $65.00(for 1st copy sold) and
($75.00
for second copy sold) only 2 available.

Farrington, Oliver C. 1915. Catalogue of the Meteorites of North
America to January 1, 1909. National Academy of Sciences, Volume
XIII, Washington. Hardback in G- condition. Ex-lib with usual stamps &
markings, spine tore, boards loose. Hard to find book in any
condition. 450 pages R3 $225.00

Lewis, Charles F., Wrona, J. A. & Moore, Carleton B., 1985 Catalog Of
Meteorites In The Collections Of Arizona State. Center For Meteorite
Studies, Arizona State University. Soft cover in near new condition.
Lists all of Nininger's numbers for each of his specimens. 298 pages
$30.00

Nininger, H. H. 1956 Arizona's Meteorite Crater: Past-Present-Future.
American Meteorite Museum, Sedona. Cloth hard cover with no DJ in g-
condition. Probably an ex-lib book though most usual artifacts have
been removed. Edges quite worn, pencil underlining, Edges of papers
have former library name (?) blotted out. Abstract from DJ pasted on
fep. Signed & Inscribed, "Sedona Ariz. Sept. 1(5)?, 1958 To Elsa H.
Smith from the Author H. H. Nininger" The (5)? could be a 4 as well. $105.00

Sears, D.W.G. 1988 Thunderstones. A Study of Meteorites Based on Falls
and Finds in Arkansas. New in stiff wrappers. 12mo, 98 pp. $20.00

Wasson, John T. 1985 Meteorites: Their Record of Early Solar-System
History W.H. Freeman, New York. Hard cover, 8vo, no dj as issued.
Ex-lib with usual artifacts VG condition. 267 pp. $22.00

Wood, John A. 1968 Meteorites and the Origin of Planets, NY:
McGraw-Hill, First Edition, Hard cover, VG+/No Jacket. Price ink
stamped & handwritten pencil signature to fep. 12mo, 117 pp. $25.00

******Don't miss my next great deals********

METEORITE COIN
This is another coin that has been issued with a meteorite attached to
it. The last meteorite related coin from Liberia now sells for $450.00!
Palau - Genuine Nantan Meteorite Proof Silver Crown Produced 2006 -
$5 Face Value - COA Mintage 2500 $60.00 each or two coins $55 each, three
coins???

METEORITES
Special buy one meteorite, among this group only (Thuathe & Monze),
gets the second meteorite of lesser value at half off. I have posted
images on my website but please refer to the following list for your
special price.
http://jensenmeteorites.com/Thuathe.htm
Thuathe
86.46 $2/g = $ 173 (Half price cost $86.50)
20.61 $3/g = $62 (Half price cost $31)
19.11 = $57 (Half price cost $28.50)
15.46 = $46 (Half price cost $23)
13.48 = $40 (Half price cost $20)
11.95 = $35.75 (Half price cost $18)
10.83 = $32.50 (Half price cost $16.25)
10.26 = $30.75 (Half price cost $15.25)
9.09 = $27.75 (Half price cost $13.50)
8.27 = $24.75 (Half price cost $12.25)
7.70 = $23 (Half price cost $11.50)
7.43 = $22.25 (Half price cost $11)
Monze
142.7 $3/g = $428.00
You will never see prices that low again.

******Keep reading you don't want to miss this one************

Extra special Christmas present 40% off on any Seymchan over 100 grams
& $1100/g for the Lunar.
http://jensenmeteorites.com/Seymchan.htm
Also 20% off any other meteorites on my site. (Excludes meteorites
mentioned above)
http://jensenmeteorites.com/met_cat.htm

********* Finally************

Special with any purchase (Book, Meteorite or Coin)
Meteorites From A to Z, 2nd edition. $12.00
Spirit magazine by SW Airlines. Has article on Mike Farmer. Free with
any purchase. Just let me know you want a copy (I only have 4 available).

***********Really and Truly this is the last offer*******

Still not good enough, just let me know what you want and maybe we can
make a deal. You might wonder why I am having such a good sale. I have
to pay taxes on my inventory so rather than pay taxes I would like to
sell it.

Hurry as this sale ends Saturday, Dec. 9.

Email me if you have any questions.
Mike

--
Mike Jensen