[meteorite-list] Fireball report from this morning in Utah

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 11:43:42 -0800 (PST)

This is a fireball report that I just recieved. Anyone
else get and reports of a possible fall in Utah/Nevada
this morning?
Mike Farmer

Hello,
I am a truck driver, i drive between Cedar City, UT
and Primm, NV. I see alot of meteors and some are
incredible. This morning i was driving south on I15
about 9 miles south of Mesquite, NV. I saw a green
one come out of the west in a ENE track, it fell thru
a thin cloud layer and grounded west of the small
mountain range to the east. That range is no more than
15 miles from I15. If you stand in the rest area and
look due east that is the area of impact. It stayed
bright until 15 degrees above the horizon. As i have
said,
I see these things every night, but never this bright,
never this sustained, and i have never seen one so
close.
Oh and it was around 3am....

Anyway, i wanted to share the sighting so if your up
this way, maybe you can find it.

Take care,

Tom Cook
702-813-5304 midnight-noon 7 days