[meteorite-list] Meteorite Hunters "Cash & Treasures" TV Show

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 15:42:05 -0700

Dear Friends and List Members:

Greetings from sunny Tucson.

Thanks to Ruben Garcia and Steve Arnold for posting info about our
upcoming Travel Channel show. Filming at Brenham and Glorieta was a
great experience and I was lucky enough to be in the company of some
serious meteorite hunters: Steve Arnold, Mike Miller, Ruben Garcia,
Sonny Clary, and Keith Jenkerson. Fine fellows all! : )

The show premieres one week from tonight on the Travel Channel --
Thursday, December 19 -- and repeats twice more during the same week.

I've put together a brand-new section on my website all about the
program, with showtimes, lots of behind-the-scenes photos, as well as a
narrative about the making of the episode. Those were some of the most
exciting days all year for us, and we hope you enjoy seeing the show as
much as we enjoyed making it.

http://www.aerolite.org/cash-and-treasures.htm

Steve and I will also be appearing on PBS on January 3, 2007 in the
pilot for a new science series called "Wired Science." In this program
we go back to Kansas and excavate a beautiful Brenham siderite in the
middle of dust storm, and spend time with Steve and Phil's World Record
Meteorite in a science museum in Wichita. For the same episode "Wired
Science" also filmed our good friend Dr. Art Ehlmann, Curator of the
Monnig Meteorite Gallery in Forth Worth, TX, and Jim Penix of Mineral
Hunters in Dallas, TX. I will post showtimes for that when we have it.

Tonight's two episodes (#3 and 4) of "Cash & Treasures" will feature
diamond hunting in Arkansasm and sunken treasure with Mel Fisher's
outfit in Key West. Should be well worth seeing! 10 PM Eastern.

Finally, for now, be sure to check out the new issue of "Wired"
magazine. It should hit the stands any day. It will carry a feature
about Steve and the Brenham, Kansas strewnfield.

Don't touch that dial!

Geoff N.
www.aerolite.org