[meteorite-list] Tagish Lake

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 14:12:25 -0800 (PST)

I tried day after day for weeks while in Canada to get
a chance to work with them. I offered to help out, and
be searched every day so that they would know I was
not taking any material. I was laughed at and declined
any participation in this since I was not Canadian.
The map of the strewnfield is just a tiny slice of the
fall area, it was the only area that could be searched
as the mountains there are extremly high and steep,
nevertheless, the map is useless since the stones were
lost, so there is not even a idea of size ditribution
(which in of itself could have been usefull). So
indeed, the map is worthless, simply a bunch of dots
on a paper, nothing more, no weights, no sizes, and a
totally incomplete map.
Mike Farmer