[meteorite-list] Free Meteorite Dealer Listings - Last Post

From: Gary K. Foote <gary_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:02:20 -0500

Paul,

Thanks for posting your site's stats. They do show you get more visitors than my site.
I understand that your site covers a lot more than simply dealer listings, so I am not
surprised at the difference in visits. Mine is much more specialized and reaches out to
people looking for meteorites for sale almost exclusively. Perhaps this explains why
your site sees more traffic than mine.

As for my metlist-posting stats which you graphically illustrated, I unsubscribed for
some months this summer. When I came back onboard in November my posting stats naturally
rose once more. This was definitely not an attempt to plump my postings, but a natural
outcome of my time offlist.

Also, thank you for pointing out some dead links on my site. They have been corrected or
removed as necessary, along with a site redesign. I do hope we can be friendly
competitors instead of being 'on different sides of the fence'. I understand that there
was some confusion between my site, http://www.meteorite-dealers.com and another
[apparently unsavory] person's site, http://www.meteoritedealers.cvom. The dash is all
important in differentiating between the two.

Though I may be new to the Metlist I understand email lists and their etiquette fully as
I taught, and still teach, email marketing [including email lists and their uses]
beginning in 1994. It is only meteorics that I am still learning about here at Metlist.

So, let's be friends and shake hande - at least virtually. We can easily co-exist
peacefully without cluttering the list with arguments and competetive statements - of
which I am not exclusively guilty.

Regards,

Gary Foote
http://www.meteorite-dealers.com