[meteorite-list] Bill's comments

From: Bill <glixard_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:42:28 -0800

Right, bigcollector,

You never promote yourself and you have never filled you mind with thoughts of, ugh, profit or self importance.

"Since I am an IMCA board member, I took it upon myself, meaning other
IMCA board members where not taken conference with fellow board members, to
take up Geoff's wish to make it annual, and state the obvious. Bernd should
have an award.
Even if Geoff had not said that Michael, I was taking up president. I
do spend a lot of time and money, traveling with short term displays (a fall
out of how I have been display now that the museum downtown is going bye-bye
and the library wants an eight month notice and won't let me do a concurrent
talk with it), being a board member on the IMCA and the Kansas Meteorite
Society, making donations and promoting meteorites in various manners.
Surely I have earned enough points with the general meteorite collecting
community and the Harvey Award Committee to ne able to suggest such.

One might even note, that last year two People's Choice awards were
given, and Geoff did note "some deserving person(s) for a Harvey."

Wishing you are yours a happy holiday Bill,"

Seasons Greetings to you are yours as well,

Bill