[meteorite-list] Bill's Comments (2)

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 01:00:37 -0600

Hello Bill,

My main concern with the e-mail to Michael, was not to have it come off as
an attack on him, which is the easiest to wrote. So I directed my comments
about me rather then Michael, such as I have with you today. Not long ago I
would have attacked back. As one of the meteorite people, such is almost
expected. I know Michael and he didn't mean anything negative.

You are correct, that I likely did give a little too much credits. Most of
the list knows me, so that was unneeded. The same point could have been made
with half the words or less. To my credit, I could have made the list 10
times longer...and I can put you in touch with a dozen or so of my former
editors. All will say I like to overwrite. (I think to much at times).

My comment on not talking with other IMCA board members was that these were
my own thoughts. I had brought up IMCA in the line before and it has been a
concern of mine that something I say will be taken against one of the
organizations I am part of. In fact I have been thinking about putting a
disclaimer in my signature for this reason.

When I noted Geoff's comment, I did have a back thought in mind. There is
another on the list that makes major list contributions, and has for years,
who like Bernd, does not post ADS and is very good and not showing us
negativity or frustration. That person is Ron Baalke. With Ron's e-mails I
have been able to keep up NASA and current meteorite news lines, all with
just a couple clicks a day. This however is not a nomination, as I did not
feel I should nominate two people.

I will also note that I definitely should not get a People's Choice award,
at least this year?;^) They or it, if one is given, should go to someone who
was more active in 2006. It was almost exactly 12 months ago that I closed
on the house I live in now. Most of my time of the late was spent settling
the home and hanging out with my father, which was a nice change. My father
was an airplane contractor in Florida or overseas and I have always worked
100 hours a week. If his grandfather is a good scale, I have another five
years with my dad and I am wise enough to not loose them. If it wasn?t for
the Meteorite Festival and other KMS events, I would not have not touched or
talked meteorites for six months. The IMCA and a busier KMS has helped pull
me back in. I have never lost that feeling of touching the first meteorite.
I hope I never do.

I really do wish the best for you and yours Bill. We had our fallout three
years ago. I have never been an angry person and have no desire to hold
anger, I don't even know how to hold anger at someone when I don?t even know
them.

With all the changes in my life I came up with a new way to try to live and
think of life and it makes me a better person?I think or hope. My new motto
is "To Serve." Regardless what you say Bill, or anyone else, I am going to
try my best not to say anything negative back.

I might be in Chicago soon to visit an old friend. I will also likely try to
meet up with Paul Siperia, who I have traded with and who classified our
last meteorite. What I mean here is, if you would like, I could likely get
us in the backroom visit to examine the Dupont collection.

This is not a good list thread in general, it doesnt allow others to respond
well and nobody is learning anthing so I will likely not respond again. If I
do, it will be off-list, and I will try to make it positive in nature.

I do apologize to the general list for the almost off-subject post, but I
did say meteorites several times....;^)

King regards,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas