[meteorite-list] 2007 Harvey Award Nominee - Solomonic Solution

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 22 Dec 2006 23:08:17 UT

Dear ALL!

I am overwhelmed and definitely do feel honored - special thanks to Steve Arnold
(Chicago) - whatever the outcome of this thread may be. Special thanks also to my
Brother-In-Stealth, Michael Blood (please, say hello to Angel!) and all those good
people who would support his proposal of "covering a round trip ticket". But, let me
tell you that money is not the problem - it is time. I would never get my principal's
permission to attend Tucson and be absent from school during that time.

Now, ... re: Solomonic Solution - I will retire in about 18 months and then I am sure
I will be attending one of the Tucson Shows. There is a long-standing invitation from
both Twink and Larry Monrad and from Jim Kriegh to come to Tucson and to live at Jim's
house together with my Pauline. We would even have the honor to "live under one roof"
with the Nortons!

So, let's nominate someone else for the People's 2007 H-A-N and if you still feel that I
would or could be a worthy nominee as soon as I will have retired, I would feel honored
and grateful and mighty proud to receive and accept it in person, in Tucson, and hopefully
in good health.

It was such a thrill to be nominated and accepted as a member of the "Guardians of the
Ensisheim Meteorite" two years ago that I have to concur with "Brenham" Steve Arnold's
argumentation that the "surprise factor" can really give such a nomination an additional
(emotional) boost!

Thank you All, Merry Christmas,
A Happy and Prosperous
New Year !

Bernd (and, of course, Pauline)

.. off to bed now with two beauties: My Pauline and the latest addition to my
meteorite collection: a 1000+ gram (unclassified) NWA individual from Carsten.