[meteorite-list] Colorado weather - Conclusion

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 20:14:39 EST

In a message dated 12/21/2006 10:21:36 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
waltbranch at bellsouth.net writes:
WOW, Anne, thanks for sharing the pictures.
I literally have never seen so much snow.
When I was in grad school in Athens, Georgia around 1986 or 1987 we had a
"snowstorm" which dumped around three inches on the town. The whole town
was paralyzed. Most roads were impassable, cars were stuck at the bottom of

hills, news reports were filled with panicked residents who were "snowed in"
and worried about getting food, etc.

I think most of it melted the next day. Maybe two days.

I guess Einstein was right. Everything is relative.
Glad to hear you are safe. Stay warm.

-Walter Branch

It is melting now, we had a heat wave today, almost 40. But we might get a
bit more tomorrow and again Monday. Yes, a white Christmas! :-(

Contrary to popular belief, we don't get that much snow all that often. The
last time was March 2003 when we got 31 inches in Denver. Usually we get
short waves of snow, up to about 5-6 inches in a few hours and it is all gone 2
days later when the temperature is back up to 45-50. This is rather
exceptional. The city is digging out, the Airport is partially re-open and the mailman
did make his round today.

On the funny side, I did see a guy skiing down the street yesterday, and I
also saw one on a bicycle!!

Have a great Green Christmas!

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com