[meteorite-list] RE. Weird pic...Apollo 14

From: Jerry A. Wallace <jwal2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 21:39:43 -0600

Hi Kevin,

Well that's an easy one...

Ice Cream Trolley indeed. Ha!

That's one of the Lunar Visitors Welcoming Committee's Hospitality
Carts. I'm
surprised there are no pictures of the comely Moon Girls handing out
Moon Shine
Juice and Cuban cigars (they're not banned on the moon, you know), with
the cute
little umbrellas in the glasses, to the crew of the Lunar Module.
Judging from all the
ribbons and clutter strewn about, this photo must have been taken after
the party
was finished. These areas have become known as "strewn fields" to many list
members who are frequently seen crawling around in the mess on the morning
after, looking for eyeglasses, apparel and other lost personal items.

This picture must have been taken while Commander Shepard and Lunar Module
Pilot Ed Mitchell were showing the Welcoming Committee Moon Girl Hostesses
the finer points of the Lunar Module. The picture was taken at Fra Mauro
which
is known to be one of the better recreational areas and vacation spots
on the Moon.
That's just a short ways from Twin Cone Crater Resort which was [sort
of] named
after Twin Peaks from right here on earth. Small solar system, isn't it?
One of the
most challenging moon golf courses is located there at Twin Cone Crater
Resort.
There are three par 5's that are each over 11,000 yards. On the moon those
fairways are normally played with a 3 iron or a 3 wood, depending on how
strong
and from what direction the photon force from solar flares is on any
given lunar day.

The pictures showing the Crew of the Apollo XIV Lunar Module frolicking
with
the Moon Girl Hostesses after imbibing a gallon or two of the moon
famous Moon
Shine Juice must surely be in the NASA photo archives somewhere. Keep
looking,
Kevin. If you can't find them, the threat of a Freedom of Information
Act lawsuit
might kick them loose. Good luck with that. I'm certain that most
MetCent List
members would enjoy seeing them.

Now who says our Space Program is a waste of money? I think a good 25% of
our GNP should be directed towards the Manned Space Flight Program. The law
enabling this could be titled "The Manned Act", no relation to the
previous Mann
Act, of course, even though in coming years it would probably become
applicable
to space traffic from Earth, as well.

I would volunteer in a heartbeat for the next mission.

Wishing a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year to all,

and/or:

May the Moon Girl Hostesses Club Santa Assistants Group (probably very
similar
in organization to the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader Association) stuff
your stockings
(or your shorts) with moon rocks and those little sample bottles of Moon
Shine Juice.

And to all a good night,

Jerry