[meteorite-list] [AD] Have a fix for annoying clicking sounds on Ads

From: Paul Harris <paul_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:54:06 -0800

Hello Everyone!

I was informed today that our Banner Ads and rotating Classified Ads can
cause a clicking noise each time
they change. I was informed of this some months back but could never
duplicate it on the 4 computers
that I have. I was able to duplicate it today and yes it's truly
annoying. The good news is I also have a
fix.

Windows has a setting under Sounds and Audio Devices that creates a
click each time a new navigation
is sensed. Unfortunately our Banner Ads and our rotating Classified Ads
are picked up by Windows as a
new event. We apologize to all of you who have been having to put up
with this annoyance. I had turned
my setting off years ago and never knew this was happening.

There is no functional need, unless you suffer from blindness, for the
click. The following tutorial will show
you how to set the "Start Navigation" setting for Windows Explorer to
"None".

http://www.meteorite-times.com/help/

Please always feel free to let me know of any issues.

Thank you!

Paul
The Meteorite Exchange, Inc.
Meteorite-Times