[meteorite-list] Tucson Show and Auction

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Feb 8 15:58:53 2006

Greetings fellow collectors,
        I just returned from the Tucson Show, driving through yesterday
and teaching an evening class last night. I will now be setting about
notifying all absentee bidders and then paying the remaining sellers
from the highly enjoyable Tucson Auction. Special THANKS go to
McCartney Taylor who went out of his way to be helpful, Twink &
Larry Monrad and Jim Kriegh who donated the Gold Basin Birthday
Cake (I regretted not having a chance to get a look at it - anyone get
a photo I could see?), Marvin Killgore, Dante Lauretta and the entire
staff of the U of A SWMC who gave presentations that apparently
a great many attendees enjoyed a good deal, to the bidders who
generously donated to the U. of A SWMC via their fine auction items,
and lastly, but not leastly (hay, a new word!) to all those who came
to the auction and had FUN!
        So, just to let everyone know, if you were an absentee bidder, you
will be notified within 24 hrs - and likely less, if you were a US seller
(all overseas sellers were paid at the show) your check will be in the
mail this week (along with all paper work) and if you were there - or
not there (Tucson, that is) you can read my report on the Show, the
people and the auction all in METEORITE TIMES SPECIAL LIMITED
TUCSON SHOW EDITION on Feb. 15th (which will include a special
food report - the good, the bad and the ugly).
    BTW, Paul & Jim, the generous publishers who bring us all METEORITE
TIMES out of pure love (they sure don't get any bucks for it) could be
seen the later part of the week with huge smiles, traveling with a
leprechaun like grinning Martin Horejsi weaving in & out of rooms
giggling about their adventures, treasures found, old friends contacted
and new friends made.
        Man! This was the best Show ever! I know a lot of people say that
every year, but I believe that is because it is true. The show gets better
each year, friendships deepen and good will grows.
        Life is good.
        Best wishes, Michael

--
"He is not a lover who does not love forever." - Euripides (485-406BC)