[meteorite-list] fukang meteorite

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Feb 10 21:09:53 2006

In a message dated 2/10/2006 11:31:38 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
altmann_at_meteorite-martin.de writes:

Meow!
Martin

PS:

>There were 4 meteorite dealers who
> had it forsale
I'm not sure, whether Madam Anne did the long journey to China....
thus
>They are all trying to recoup
> their investment.
would be another reason, that they won't dump it like Brahin.

You are right Martin, I did not go to China.
Fukang was brought out of China by a small group of people and I got a few
slices from one of them at a price comparable to Esquel.
Yes, I saw that picture too. Fukang is huge but also weathered and I am told
the whole thing will not be usable for slicing.
Finally, yes Fukang was available in Tucson, but only a few dealers had any,
and in moderate amounts, I could not say that the Show was flooded with
Fukang. In fact I saw a lot more Brenham, including of course Steve's Great New
Paperweight. ;-)

Meow to you too!!

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com