[meteorite-list] Re: Acapulcoite TKW Update

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Feb 14 22:32:09 2006

Adam,
Actually I was reffering to the roughly 7.5 kg being split between Nelson
and myself. from the NAU website:

"A 386 g broken stone with weathered fusion crust (part of a larger ~7.5 kg
mass found in 2003) was purchased in Erfoud, Morocco in 2004 for N. Oakes,
Oakes)"

So I guess there is also a 386g piece above and beyond the numbered pairings
and the main mass.

The point of all this TKW stuff? Well i guess there is ALOT more of this
material than your TKW numebrs would refelct, but my mass isnt for sale, and
unless someone wants to pony up the cost of a pretty darn fine new car
Nelson's mass isnt for sale either. I dont know if Birdsell has any for
sale, but despite the realistic TKW numbers the material sdeems to be of
pretty limited distribution.