[meteorite-list] Re: Acapulcoite TKW Update

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Feb 14 23:39:17 2006

Hi John,

This does not explain why you had no weight listed at all on your web-site
according to the cached version in google.com which is only one day old if
you knew there was 1,666 grams plus a 7.5 kilogram stone. You asked me to
back up my claims with pictures and said you were curious because I didn't
report an unknown and unreported mass weight. It seems you are guilty of the
same thing to a larger extent even though you apparently knew more than I
did when this string started. Here is your statement putting me under the
thumb-screws. Can we ask you the same questions?

****************************
Did the write up describe it as a whole stone? Is it surrounded by fusion
crust like a whole stone? If so, could you
maybe post some pics for the list?

We were just curious, because in your ebay ad you stated that you didn't
have any accurate figures on the TKW of pairings, and yet, the TKW of ~7.5kg
has been publicly available on the internet for months now, and in the
Meteorite Bulletin data base it states the following:

I will ask Jim Witke about the reported weight of NWA 2714 which stands at
100 grams since he is a stickler for accuracy. Still waiting to hear why you
recently added the weight to your web-site when it was not there before this
"string" started or should I state "Sting"?

Take Care,

Adam