[meteorite-list] NWA 725 Winonaite vs Acapulcoite

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Feb 15 15:43:34 2006

IMHO much more - if you bought nwa 725 as an acapulcoite you won the lottery
as there is much less winonaite avalible to the collecting public - than
there is acapulcoite - and this is doubly true for fresh winonaite material
like the 725 and paired 725 material. Whereas for the acapulcoites there is
plenty of nwa 125 and the 2656 / paired 2656 material floating around

FWIW there has been no official change int he classification, this has been
the result of some sluething between David and myself - mostly myself if
anyone wants to lay blaime for a change in status :)