[meteorite-list] lost city meteorite value?

From: Dieter Heinlein <dieter.heinlein_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Feb 18 12:47:58 2006

Hello Martin and Matt,

I guess, in several aspects, the LOST CITY meteorite fall is comparable
with the meteorite fall of NEUSCHWANSTEIN, which is also a national
treasure for Bavaria and Germany.
In case of Neuschwanstein, 35 years of funded work have been necessary
to get this photographically captured fireball and more than one year to find
the three meteorites, that were recovered so far.

A small portion of the EL6 chondrite Neuschwanstein found it's way to the
meteorite market and was sold for prices between 250 $/g and 375 $/g,
depending of size and special features (fusion crust, inclusions). Maybe this
would be a good base for further discussions regarding the value of the
Lost City meteorite.

Cheers

Dieter

P.S. There is no need to discuss the value of PRIBRAM or INNISFREE,
since these photographed falls are virtually NOT available.