AW: [meteorite-list] Rust on iron meteorites : new method ?

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Feb 18 14:38:49 2006

But G?ran,

NaOH for Pretzels is absolutely normally, they always were made like that, in former times with lye from ashes,
was the preferred method to preserve bakery products, I'm sure also in Sweden.
First mentioned was a pretzel by the way at the council of Leptinae AD 743.

The Bretzel is dipped for a few seconds in a cold watery solution of NaOH of 3-5% (ph 13-14) and then it will be baked. With the CO2 from air, we will recieve natron on the pretzel's surface.
2NaOH(aq) + CO2(g) ? ? ? > Na2CO3(s) + H2O(g)

Tasty.
That's also why Pretzels help against heartburn and together with the salt on his surface it's a good food if you suffer from diarrhea.
Meteorites with their nickel don't help half as much!

And a large stein of beer, how could it work without a pretzel!
Come to Munich to the Mineralientage and I'll convince you, like the Dalai Lama was convinced. When he comes to Munich, he always buys a pretzel.

Now, I have to work again, selling off small Marses and putting some more pretzels in then oven...

Buckleboo!
Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----