[meteorite-list] Interesting news on "warm"meteorites

From: Lars Pedersen <lbp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Feb 18 14:58:07 2006

Hi all

This afternoon, I talked to the gentleman who found the Aarhus meteorite.

Back in 1951, on October 2. at 18:10 the Aarhus meteorite fell.

Only two stones were ever found.

One fell aprox 3 meters behind this guy !!!

Among many other things he told me that the stone was "hand warm" when
he picked it up.... a few seconds after it fell.

To me this first hand....literally speaking ... account ends the
discussion about warm meteorites.

Just thought I would let you know.

:-)
Lars

NB
Even though it has been a long time, I will try to find more
stones....what do you think of that ?